The 24th Annual Western Conference on Tax-Exempt Organizations (WCTEO), my #1 go-to conference every year for the past 15 years, will be held virtually on Thursday, December 3, and Friday, December 4. The conference will be focused on the unique issues of these times and, in light of Zoom fatigue, will be shorter in length (9:30 am – 1:20 pm PST) than previous in-person conferences. Register here by Sunday, November 29.
LMU Loyola Law School will hold its 24th-annual Western Conference on Tax Exempt Organizations with a schedule that features panels led by some of the country’s top tax-law experts. This program will run Thursday, December 3 and Friday, December 4 virtually. The [conference] offers attendees to choose from more than 8 sessions on tax developments of critical importance to charities and other nonprofit organizations.
The program features an array of prominent tax-exemption experts, including Professor Ellen Aprill, a WCTEO founder and the John E. Anderson Chair in Tax Law at Loyola Law School Los Angeles. Other panelists include officials from the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the IRS, plus a variety of prominent West Coast tax lawyers.
This year’s schedule includes the following sessions:
- Charitable Purpose in the 21st Century
- Funds Under Pressure – Restrictions, Obligations, and Stewardship
- Keynote with Rajasvini Bhansali, Executive Director of Solidaire Network, a collective of donors and foundations committed to ending the legacy of racism and anti-Blackness, and former Director of Thousand Currents while it was fiscally sponsoring the Black Lives Matter Global Network Project.
- The Tax on Excess Executive Compensation – Lessons Learned So Far
- Charitable Crowdfunding: What We Know, What We Expect (I’ll be moderating this session featuring a representative from the California Office of the Attorney General, Shirley McLaughlin from Adler Colvin, and Karen Wu from Perlman & Perlman)
- Hot State and Local Tax Issues Affecting Nonprofits
- Navigating COVID-10 Related Funding
WCTEO Highlights from Past Years
The post 2020 Western Conference on Tax Exempt Organizations (WCTEO) appeared first on Nonprofit Law Blog.