California continues to be “where the future happens” for employment law, and we are pleased to announce the release of our 2022 version of Cal-Peculiarities How California Employment Law is Different. As in previous editions, this publication reflects the breadth and depth of our California employment practice and focuses entirely on the most vexing aspects of California employment law. Click here to request your copy today!
In connection with the launch of this year’s edition, please join us for a webinar this Friday, where Seyfarth’s California Workplace Solutions group discuss some of the biggest changes in California employment law over the last year! Click here to register.
Friday, July 15, 2022
10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Pacific
11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Mountain
12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Central
1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Eastern
This webinar, presented by Seyfarth partners Ann Marie Zaletel, Chelsea Mesa, and Leo Li, will cover the latest legal developments of interest to executives, managers, in-house counsel, and human resources professionals with employees in California, including:
- 2022 California COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave
- West Hollywood Compensated and Uncompensated Leave
- Cal-OSHA COVID-19 ETS Exclusion Pay
- California State Minimum Wage Increase
- 2022 Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) Updates
- A Win for Employers: LaFace v. Ralphs Grocery Co. Suitable Seating Decision
- Regular Rate of Pay − Meal and Rest Period Premiums and California Paid Sick Leave/2022 COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave
- Rounding and Meal Periods
- Recent Supreme Court Decision on Waiting Time Penalties and Wage Statement Violations for Failure to Pay Meal and Rest Period Premiums — Naranjo v. Spectrum Sec. Servs.
- Warehouse Distribution Center Quota Disclosure Requirements
- California Family Rights Act (CFRA) Updates
- New Restrictions on Separation and Settlement Agreements
- COVID-19/Great Resignation World of Work − Increasing Importance of Work Culture Assessments
Registrants for the webinar will receive presentation materials and a copy of the recording following the presentation. We look forward to seeing you at the webinar!